Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Christmas in Korea

Well blow me down, Christmas is coming. I am delighted to hear that our Christmas cards are arriving already. If you haven't got one and are expecting one, please let me know. If you haven't got one and were not expecting one from us, to wish you a very Merry Christmas here's a scan of one of the two designs we sent, :



For those friends and relatives coming to the blog for the first time having typed in the website from our "round robin" letter, greetings and welcome from me and The Bat. This is how my wife requested to be referred to on the blog to protect her anonymity, so if you feel enthusiastic enough to comment on the blog please don't refer to her real name! I receive all the comments by email, so don't think that by commenting on any of the older posts I will miss your remarks.

When I started the blog it was initially aimed at friends and family that would be interested to know what we got up to in South Korea. However as I began writing up our adventures I realised how little is known about Korea outside the country and also how difficult it is to get detailed information in English about things to do and see for people thinking of coming to Korea and also for foreigners living here. So I try to cover topics and places that I feel are relevant to all three audiences. If you have any specific things you'd like me to write about please let me know in the comments or by email.

If you are keen to keep up with the blog there is an RSS feed which will inform you of new entries without you having to come to the blog page everyday. You will need either some RSS enabled software, usually your email program or browser can handle it, or use one of the many online services such as Bloglines. In spite of my recent post I do intend to continue. I'll post roughly once or twice a week.

You know it's Christmas around here because everywhere is covered in fairy lights. Cat at Seoul Life has a good photo of the Christmas lights on the Shinsagae department store and, now our new camera has arrived this morning, I hope to bring you more photos of the brightly lit streets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for the link. I don't think my photo really did the lights justice, so I hope you'll do better with the new camera!

Also, meaning to take more shots of the Lotte store lights. You know, for equal time and such...

Jon Allen said...

I took a few last night, but before I had a chance to take any around the Cheonggyecheon all the lights went off!