Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Christmas, from The Japan Times and Me

There was a Christmas gift lottery in the Japan Times two weeks ago. All you had to do was send them an email with your name and address and your preferred choice of gift from the list of six or seven different presents on offer. I selected what I imagined would be the least popular choices, sent off an email. Lo and behold on Saturday I got a nice hand addressed letter with a little surprise inside :



A bookmark in traditional lacquer technique, handmade and hand painted by Japanese craftsmen from Fuji-Tori.



I was delighted at such a beautiful piece of work, many thanks indeed to the Japan Times and Fuji-Torii for the gift.

So, to all my readers, enjoy your gifts and the holiday season. Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas, and all the best for the New Year.

6 comments:

AdelaideBen said...

Nice one. It's great when you receive these little bonuses in life. And it's always a nice touch to show appreciation. Nice++

top cd rates said...

Amazing gift lottery. Selecting the prize is quite exciting and cool. Because you get to choose what would you like from the array of choices. And joining in this gift lottery is very simple. And it was just too bad that I did not have the chance to join but still I want to greet you all back a Happy Holidays especially to the Japan Times!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas... hope you have a happy and safe Christmas (whether it's a holiday or not).

Investment said...

Merry Christmas!

Eleonora said...

Hi! When did you leave Korea/ and why if I may ask you? I've been living in Korea for four years and I'm loving it. By the way, I really like your blog. I also write about Korea here: http://ellacino.blogspot.com/
I would appreciate if you follow/leave comments regarding the posts or the blog itself.

Thank you ~

... and I'm gone reading other posts of yours. They are so fascinating!

Marthin Properties said...

hahahhaa what a nice greattings i guess i'm to late and please visit my site : http://jakartajasa.blogspot.com/2011/05/tour-guide-jakarta.html